Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Chain Letter Analysis

Oh dear reader I don't even know what to say about these chain letters or more importantly about the people who actually forward them. Let's take a look at this chain letter and what it says will happen should I repost it...

"Don't EVER leave the one you love for the one you like because the one you like will leave you for the one they love...tonight your true love will realize how much they love you. between 1 & 4 in the morning, tomorrow the shock of your life will occur. if you break the chain then you will have bad luck."


We start off with a brief word of wisdom:
"Don't EVER leave the one you love for the one you like because the one you like will leave you for the one they love..."

That's cool. That's really awesome. But I find it very difficult to trust this knowledge when there are approximately five grammatical errors in this FOUR SENTENCE chain letter.

Let's just try to look past that and get to the next part.

"tonight your true love will realize how much they love you. between 1 & 4 in the morning, tomorrow the shock of your life will occur."

Uh...what?! The shock of my life BETTER not occur between 1:00am and 4:00am! Why would anyone want that?! In that deep of a slumber, anything would be the shock of my life! So that's just great. I'm gonna get woken up and freaked out early tomorrow morning by some unknown terror. Unless the "shock of my life" is the fact that my true love is gonna realize he's in love with me. In that case, that's really disturbing also. What I'm getting from this is that whoever this boy is, he's going to suddenly wake up, spring out of bed, fall madly in love with me, and then go back to sleep and probably not even remember his little epiphany. This chain letter is providing me with a lose-lose situation! If I repost this, I'm going to get some sort of a rude awakening at some ungodly hour of the night, or some boy's gonna fall in love with me in his sleep and then forget it.

If I don't repost this, I'm going to have bad luck.

...

Uh huh. And what do you, oh chain letter creater from hell, call the situation to begin with?

Either way, I'm sleeping with a crowbar tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment