Friday, January 1, 2010

5 Sure Signs You Have a Facebook Addiction

I am about to make fun of myself, readers. Yes, you read that right. I, AJ, have an unhealthy obsession with Facebook and I am about to share with you the reasons I am sure of this.
The following have actually happened to me and left me shaking my head at myself. Observe:

You Know You're Addicted to Facebook WHEN...

1) You have tried to 'like' something in real life.
You've got it right, readers. I've done this. I've tried to officially 'like' something that I saw in real life. The other day I saw a chocolate cake sitting on our counter at home and I actually thought to myself, "AJ likes this." Delicious cake? Absolutely. Beside the point? Entirely.

2) Facebook is the first thing you check when you wake up and the last thing you read before bed.
One of the perks of having my computer in my bedroom is the fact that I can check it nonstop. I've literally woken up and checked my Facebook before heading to the bathroom in the morning, readers. I have yet to miss my chance, but let's pray it doesn't get to that point.

3) You check Facebook at parties.
That's right, and my friends never let me live it down. Behind me was air hockey, in front of me four of my friends were playing Rock Band, all around me was loud music, and in front of my facebook was my cell phone. Complete with the Facebook page which was of course easy to access because it's on my cell phone history.

4) You automatically type "Facebook" when all you meant to say was "face".
See above, reader, for an instant example of this.

5) You secretly like to meet new people because that's one more potential person to add to your friend list.
Am I proud of this? No. Do I still befriend people who are not on Facebook? Of course. Do I leave these new friends alone until they've created and/or added me on Facebook? Not a chance.

I know it's bad, readers. And I really wish I could change. I do. But right now I have to update my status about the nickel I just found and then convince my grandmother to get a Facebook. Until then readers, be kind but don't rewind.
<3AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment